Third Person, Free Character, standard asset, Third Person Controller, Third Person Character Controller, prototyping, Android, input system, Character Controller, cinemachine, standard assets, mobile friendly
Starter Assets are designed to work as a quick start into prototyping and developing character controllers for various game genres, using systems and methods that are easy to buil…
Asset Title: Starter Assets – Third Person Character Controller
Publisher: Unity Technologies
More Details about this asset:
Starter Assets are designed to work as a quick start into prototyping and developing character controllers for various game genres, using systems and methods that are easy to build and expand upon for different projects.
- The Starter Assets packages are compatible with Unity 2020.3 LTS.
- The First/Third Person Starter Assets packages require the Input System and Cinemachine packages to work. The packages will automatically install when you import a Starter Assets package into your project.
The Starter Assets – Third Person Controller package includes:
- A Third Person Armature character controller, fully rigged and animated using a Humanoid rig
- A Third Person Capsule character controller
- Playground Scene and level prototyping Prefabs
- Triplanar shaders for quick prototyping (Built-in + ShaderGraph for URP/HDRP)
- UI Canvas overlays for mobile (Joystick and Touch Zone)
- After downloading and importing the package into your project, you can load the sample Scene (called Playground) under: Assets/StarterAssets/ThirdPersonController/Scenes
- Also check out the full package documentation and license terms (Readme.asset, StarterAssets_Documentation.pdf and license.txt) under Assets/StarterAssets.
The Starter Assets are using the built-in CharacterController component.
The default project is using the Built-in Render Pipeline, but can be upgraded to URP or HDRP through the standard upgrade path.
Starter Assets include First and Third Person Character controllers built in a modular way as a solid foundation for any game genre.
- Starter Assets – First Person Character Controller
- Starter Assets – Third Person Character Controller
For technical questions or support, please visit the forums.