Please note: The digital character in this package is provided under a restricted license for educational and non-commercial use only and attribution to Unity is required. Please read the …
Asset Title: The Heretic: Digital Human
Publisher: Unity Technologies
Category: essentials, tutorial-projects
More Details about this asset:
Please note: The digital character in this package is provided under a restricted license for educational and non-commercial use only and attribution to Unity is required. Please read the license terms.
The technology stack is under Unity’s standard Asset Store EULA.
Also available on GitHub.
While working on the realistic digital human in The Heretic, the Demo Team needed to set up a complete data pipeline, from the acquisition of 3D and 4D data through processing and into setup in Unity. We developed some technologies to enable this. While a lot more work remains to be done in the future, we’re sharing what we have today, so that you can look into the current state of our efforts. You’re free to use these tools in your productions and build on top of them as you see fit.
Here’s what’s in the box:
Facial animation systems
• Tools for 4D clip import and processing. When we say 4D, we mean a sequence of meshes captured over time.
• 4D clip rendering with timeline integration.
• 4D frame fitting, allowing detail injection from facial rig.
• Integration of facial rig from Snappers.
• Pose facial rig directly in Unity
Skin attachment system
• Drive meshes and transforms in relation to dynamically deforming skin.
• Used to drive eyebrows, eyelashes, stubble and logical markers.
• Accelerated by C# Job System and Burst Compiler.
Shaders and rendering
• Full shader graphs for skin/eyes/teeth/hair as seen in The Heretic.
• Custom pass for cross-material normal buffer blur (tearline).
• Custom marker-driven occlusion for eyes and teeth.
We are also releasing the character Gawain, a digital character modelled after British actor Jake Fairbrother. We are making this 3D character available to you for the purpose of learning, research, and similar non-commercial use intended for the advancement and sharing of knowledge in the space of real time graphics and content creation.
Supported platforms: All platforms supported by HDRP